The Power of Pranayama;
Deepen Your Connection to Life Force
A 50-Hour Training
February 16 – 18 and March 8 – 10, 2024
9:00 am – 4:00 pm PST
In person: Center for Yoga in Los Angeles
Livestream: via Zoom, and On Demand
February 4, 2024 Deadline:
Extended Early Bird Discount & Scholarships Application
As one advances on the path of yoga, one’s progress eventually becomes an inward journey. The maturity increases to realize a world of riches that dwells within. Pranayama is the path to access this vast inner realm.
When we learn how to breathe as a human, we can enjoy all aspects of life.
Breathing properly increases one’s immune system, increasing oxygen capacity and furthering the health of the body.
Breathing with Pranayama techniques additionally increases Prana, Life Force, which enlivens the subtle body.
Pranayama practices are the key to soothing the mind to become one-pointed and calm. This focused state is the necessary gateway towards meditation.
In this training students will learn a general outline for an established Pranayama practice that they can then build.
There are a variety of sequencing methods for asana that lead the energy to a higher or calmer state, depending on the need of the student. upon as the practice grows.
Asana moves the physical body so that it can be still and steady.
Pranayama moves the subtle body, increasing space and connecting to greater amounts of energy, so that it can become more vibrant.
As the awareness to the subtle body expands, that expands one’s capacity to connecting with the Higher Self, the soul. Pranayama has the tools to further this exploration.
The training meets for two, three-day sessions. Each day starts with an asana practice that focuses on a specific aspect of Prana, leading to corresponding Pranayama practices.
After a break we will review covered material and students will be introduced to a variety of topics that include and are not limited to:
• Experience with both the Classical Yoga approach to Pranayama and Tantra’s approach and the wisdom to know when to apply which approach.
• Fluency with Lord Vayu and the Five Pranavayus, with the ability to utilize them separately and ultimately all at the same time.
• Safe application of Kumbhakha (retention) with Bandhas for optimal benefit.
• Introduction to the wide world of Swara Yoga and the practices that utilize the 14 main Nadis.
• The art and use of ratios in Pranayama and how they affect the yogi’s energy.
• Experience in a number of different Pranayama practices that lead to developing a personal home practice.
• Yoga and Meditation teachers will learn how to safely sequence and teach Pranayama to their students.
General Schedule, Subject to Change:
What You Get From the Course:
- Tools and support to create and sustain your own daily Pranayama practice
- Introduction to a variety of Prayanama practices and the knowledge on how and when they are best utilized.
- Increased respiratory capacity that supports greater health and and stronger immunity.
- Fifty hours of continued education credits through Yoga Alliance for those who are registered and meet all of the requirements for completing the course.
- Yoga & Ayurveda; Self Healing and Self-Realization, by David Frawley
- Light On Pranayama; The Yogic Art of Breathing, by B.K. S. Iyengar
- Path of Fire and Light Volume 1; Advanced Practices of Yoga, by Swami Rama
- The Heart of Yoga; Developing a Personal Practice, by T.K.V. Desikachar
- Light on Pranayama; The Yogic Art of Breathing by B.K.S. Iyengar.
The training is offered as a complete unit and not to be separated by weekends nor days. All students will have access to the recorded sessions right away through April 10, 2024. Students from different time zones are welcome to join the course due to easy access to the recordings and group resources.
Those who attend 100% of the program (in person or by watching the recordings later,) plus assigned homework pieces, will receive 50 hours of Continuing Educational credits through Yoga Alliance.
Tantra Flow Yoga and Center for Yoga both believe that the teachings should be available to all yogis and make an extra effort of accessibility for BIPOC souls. We are offering two full-scholarships and three 50%-scholarships; priority will be given to BIPOC applicants.
Interested students are invited to submit a two-page essay explaining their yoga background, why they are interested in learning this material, and how they intend to use the knowledge gained, to: [email protected]. Deadline for Scholarship Application is Sunday, February. 4, 2024.