Master Training In Subtle Body
A Tantric Journey Through the Inner Layers of Yoga
Location: Virtual Class on Zoom
Two Dates: April 24-26 and June 12-14, 2020
Times: 12:00 pm – 7:00 pm
Discounted Price: $550 via Venmo (Jeanne Heileman) or PayPal (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Just as the body has to be soothed to work with the poses, the inner layers need to be soothed to work with what’s underneath. Only when the activities of the mind are tranquil can we start to move through the gateway towards the soul.
The body is a materialization of what’s happening on an energetic and mental level. This two weekend course is a Training in the Subtle Realm of Yoga which includes the Pranic Energy Force, the vibratory energy of the Mind, and Buddhi, the higher intelligence within each of us.
This training is for yoga teachers and devoted students who are looking to take their practice to the next level. Yogis should have a steady asana experience (minimum 1.5 – 2 years) that permits them to safely turn their attention away from general alignment and towards inner transformation.
WEEKEND ONE : APRIL 24 – 26, 2020
SHAKTI – A Yogi is One Who’s Spine is Full of Energy
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika explains that to control your mind, you must control your breath. Once we control the breath, we can use it as a tool for greater transformation. This level focuses on the many aspects of the Pranic Life-Force in the body. Students will leave the three days with the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of the Subtle Body in relation to the Gross and Causal Bodies of a being;
- Experience with all five of the Pranavayus and techniques to strengthen each Vayu for optimal health and function of the student;
- Ability to perceive a weaker Pranic energy in a student with the tools to bring balance for the client;
- In-depth application of the Nadis and how they can affect one’s Asana, Pranayama and concentration.Skill in establishing a personal Pranayama home practice with a variety of methods of application, honoring risks and benefits.
- Proficiency in sequencing a Pranayama home practice that uses a sound, safe method of gradual development;
- Active experience of the Bandhas to access these important locks in a variety of perspectives to fully comprehend their value. Students will learn the purpose for each and poses that enable effective activation;
- Systematic knowledge of the Chakras with safe procedures that access their qualities and feel their energy;
- Clarity of the role Kundalini plays in yoga with safe practices to sample the potency;
- Advanced sequencing techniques using Subtle Body information woven into a regular asana practice to increase a teacher’s resources for their career.
WEEKEND 2: JUNE 12-14, 2020
BUDDHI – I Am Not My Thoughts
Thoughts are forms of vibrations that affect our breath, rippling into our body’s condition, exiting through our words and actions. Managing thoughts is one of the most difficult forms of practice. It is also the most powerful because it can change the one’s life. Instead of stopping thought, Tantrics believe in the art of re-formatting thoughts to different vibrations for transformation. This module works with the Higher and Lower Mind’s vibrations. Students will leave the three days with the following:
- Discriminative skills to view the specific anatomy of the mind and the skill to detect the most negative piece;
- Tools to dismantle the mind’s negative behavior, allowing space for internal examination;
- Strong skills of Concentration, (Dharana) with a variety of exercises to maintain one-pointed command;
- Experience with Mantra as a powerful healer and tool for concentration;Introduction to a variety of Mantras and the different methods of practice to suit the student’s needs;
- Comprehension and experience with ancient, Tantric Mudras, not available in public classes;
- Introduction to the rarely-taught Maha Mudra, a Tantric advanced practice that burns our past karmas and ignites the dormant power dwelling within each of us;
- Experience with Tantric Kriyas, techniques that blend asana, breath, visualization and mudra to open energy along the central channel;
- Access to the subtlest layer, the Wisdom Layer, through Yoga Nidra. Known as a powerful Tantric practice, it brings healing and answers to life’s questions for the student;
- A tool-kit of meditation techniques, including Prana Dharana. This is a Tantric practice that harnesses energy into a force of meditative focus that leads to healing and creation.
The training is offered as a complete unit, not designed to be separated, unless approved by Jeanne. Students who attend 100% of the program plus one assigned homework piece are eligible for 50 CEP hours through Yoga Alliance.
Students who have completed Part One in an earlier training with Jeanne are eligible to register for Part Two. Contact Jeanne Heileman
If a student misses one day of the course and wishes to receive the full YA credit, a private session of two-hours must be arranged with Jeanne.
- Yoga and Ayurveda, by David Frawley
- Ayurveda and the Mind, by David Frawley