THE MASTER TRAINING IN SUBTLE BODY with Jeanne Heileman
A 50-Hour Journey Through the Inner Layers of Yoga
Dates: January 22 – 24, 2021 • February 26 – 28, 2021
Times: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm PST
Pricing: $645.00 if paid in full by December 18, 2020 / $695.00 thereon
Just as the body has to be soothed to work with the poses, the inner layers need to be soothed to access the depths of what yoga is capable of providing. Only when the activities of the mind are tranquil can we start to move through the gateway towards the soul. This is the main goal of a yoga practice.
The body is a materialization of what’s happening on an energetic level. The breath and thoughts ripple to affect how the body is experienced and the actions taken. This training focuses on the inner layers, which include the Pranic Energy Force, the Lower Mind of our unconscious mental antics, and our higher intelligence known as Buddhi.
Through asana practices that become a playground, you will experience these inner layers to fully understand their relationship to your whole being. Pranayama practices will deepen this vital aspect of yoga helping you move through constant distractions towards an inner focus. Concentration practices will be introduced that lead one to a meaningful meditation and serve as tools when the mind is not willing to get calm.
This training is for yoga teachers and dedicated practitioners who are looking to take their practice to the next level. Yogis should have a steady asana experience (minimum 1.5 – 2 years) that permits them to safely turn their attention away from general alignment and towards inner transformation. There will be one 30 minute break and a few 15 minute breaks each day to provide your mind some fresh pauses to assimilate the information.
SHAKTI! A Yogi is One Who’s Spine is Full of Energy
January 22 – 24, 2021
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika explains that to control your mind, you must control your breath. Once we control the breath, we can use it as a tool for greater transformation. This level focuses on the many aspects of the Pranic Life-Force in the body. Students will leave the three days with the following:
- Comprehensive understanding of the Subtle Body in relation to the Gross and Causal Bodies of a being;
- Experience with all five of the Pranavayus and techniques to strengthen each Vayu for optimal health and function of the student;
- Ability to perceive a weaker Pranic energy in a student with the tools to bring balance for the client;
- In-depth application of the Nadis and how they can affect one’s Asana, Pranayama and concentration.
- Proficiency in sequencing a Pranayama home practice that uses a sound, safe method of gradual development;
- Skill in establishing a personal Pranayama practice with a variety of methods of application, honoring risks and benefits.
- Active experience of the Bandhas to access these important locks in a variety of perspectives to fully comprehend their value. Students will learn the purpose for each and poses that enable effective activation;
- Systematic knowledge of the Chakras with safe procedures that access their qualities and feel their energy;
- Clarity of the role Kundalini plays in yoga with safe practices to sample the potency;
- Advanced sequencing techniques using Subtle Body information woven into a regular asana practice to increase a teacher’s resources for their career.
BUDDHI: I Am Not My Thoughts
February 26 – 28, 2021
Thoughts are forms of vibrations that affect our breath, rippling into our body’s condition, manifesting through our words and actions. Managing thoughts is one of the most difficult forms of practice. This is also the most powerful aspect of practice because it can change one’s life. Instead of stopping a thought, Tantrics believe in the art of re-formatting thoughts to different vibrations for transformation. This module introduces the student to the Lower and Higher Mind’s vibrations, offering techniques to harness the energy for greater good. Students will leave the three days with the following:
- Discriminative skills to view the specific anatomy of the mind and the skill to detect the most negative piece;
- Tools to dismantle the mind’s negative behavior, allowing space for internal examination;
- Strong skills of Concentration, (Dharana) with a variety of exercises to maintain one-pointed command;
- Experience with Mantra as a powerful healer and tool for concentration;
- Introduction to a variety of Mantras and the different methods of practice to suit the student’s needs;
- Comprehension and experience with ancient, Tantric Mudras, not available in public classes;
- Introduction to the rarely-taught Maha Mudra, a Tantric advanced practice that burns our past karmas and ignites the dormant power dwelling within each of us;
- Experience with Tantric Kriyas, techniques that blend asana, breath, visualization and mudra to open energy along the central channel;
- Access to the subtlest layer, the Wisdom Layer, through Yoga Nidra. Known as a powerful Tantric practice, it brings healing and answers to life’s questions for the student;
- A tool-kit of meditation techniques, including Prana Dharana. This is a Tantric practice that harnesses energy into a force of meditative focus that leads to healing and creation.
The training is offered as a complete unit, not designed to be separated, unless approved by Jeanne. The course is offered virtually, online through Zoom.
Students will have access to the recorded sessions right away through March 21, 2021. Students from different time zones are welcome to join the course due to easy access to the recordings and group resources.
Those who attend 100% of the program (in person or by watching the recordings later,) plus one assigned homework piece, will receive 50 Continuing Educational Hours through Yoga Alliance. Students who have completed Part One in an earlier training are invited to reach out to Jeanne to receive approval for joining the second module.
Your payment ensures your registration. You will receive a receipt acknowledging the payment and links to the meetings plus any additional information will follow.
- Yoga and Ayurveda, by David Frawley
- Ayurveda and the Mind, by David Frawley
Jeanne will be offering full scholarships to 2 people and a 50% discount to 3 people. Priority will be given to BIPOC yogis. Please send an essay explaining your situation and reason for interest in the program to Jeanne at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program will be filmed and made available after the live training sessions. Since students will be able to take the course remotely, and are given ample time to complete the assignments, refunds will not be offered except on a case by case basis. Payment may be made through Venmo or PayPal.
*Times and material taught are subject to change per the needs of the group that forms.