300 Hour Teacher Training: Part Two
This 100-hour module introduces the student to the Mental Body, focusing on Dharana, the skill of concentration. The ability to have a sharp, unbroken concentration is necessary for meditation and higher levels of practice.
▶ View recommended BOOK LIST below!
Students will learn:
This layer focuses extensively on the sequencing, anatomy and practice of the following three types of asanas: Inversions, Twists, Core Practices.
The Anatomy of the Mind and how each part plays its role in trying to control us;
A variety of Concentration Techniques from the Himalayan Masters and how to teach them to a class;
The power of Mantra and how a practice with the right mantra can be the exact medicine for a student;
Tantric Kriyas that not only prepare a student for meditation, but change the inner field of the student with lasting positive results.
Vichara, the ancient technique of inner cleansing for a yogi’s mind, tracing the negativity to its source and addressing the very origin of that negativity.
Continued study of Pranayama practices from Part One;
Practice teaching to improve a teacher’s skill in communication;
Creating wise sequencing that keeps the student safe while also interested;
Effective hands on adjustments;
Constant valuable feedback from the instructor.
Who is Eligible for the Training:
Yoga teachers who have completed a 200 Hour Teacher Training and are ready to learn more about the practice and teaching of yoga;
Yoga teachers who have completed a 500 Hour Training that has not focused significantly on the inner layers of the practice, or who just want to learn more;
Devoted yoga students who are not teachers but desire to learn more about their own practice.
If you have question regarding the training program, contact Jeanne here.
Check out the upcoming teacher training events section to find what’s coming up soon!
Recommended Book List
Although it may seem like you have to spend a lot, it’s wonderful to build your library and you will be equipped to address a wide variety of needs that may come up in your teaching path. (Many can be found via Kindle on Amazon.com.)
- YOGA FOR WELLNESS by Gary Kraftsow
- ANATOMY COLORING BOOK by Wynn Capit / Lawrence M. Elson
- YOGA AND AYURVEDA; Self-Healing and Self-Realization by David Frawley
- AYURVEDA AND THE MIND; The Healing of Consciousness by David Frawley
- PATH OF FIRE AND LIGHT; Advanced Practices of Yoga Volume Two by Swami Rama
- THE POWER OF MANTRA & THE MYSTERY OF INITIATION by Pandit Rajmani Tigunait
- THE FOUR DESIRES; Creating a Life of Purpose, Happiness, Prosperity and Freedom by Rod Stryker
- HOW TO DRAW YOGA STICK FIGURES by Mikelle Terson.
You will be asked to write sequences out in stick figures. This might seem daunting and if so, please consider getting this book or any with the same intention. You learn a lot by drawing a sequence out; it gets you into your body and out of your head.
A JOURNAL for writing practices we do.
Books You Should Already Own
- THE YOGA SUTRAS OF PATANJALI – any translation will work
- LIGHT ON YOGA by B.K.S. Iyengar
- YOGA MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT by Donna Farhi
- HEART OF YOGA by T.K.V. Desikachar
“Jeanne Heileman brought my yoga practice to a whole new level of awareness. This is a gift I can take with me for the rest of my life, and I’m very grateful for it. I highly recommend taking her training classes.”
Training Requirements and Policies
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations up to 30 days before the training start date are eligible for a full refund on paid fees less the non-refundable deposit. Any refunds between 7-29 days before the training are eligible for credit towards future Tantra Flow Yoga™ Trainings equal to the amount already paid less the non-refundable deposit. Any refunds within 7 days before the start of the program are eligible for receive 1/2 of the tuition credit towards another training with Tantra Flow Yoga™, less the deposit.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAM COMPLETION:
1) 100% Attendance at all TT weekends and other classes/events as required. If any part of the program is missed, Jeanne Heileman, at her discretion, will offer makeup opportunities. Additional costs will apply for makeup sessions.
2) Satisfactory completion of all written assignments.
3) Satisfactory demonstration of your ability to teach a safe and cohesive yoga class, including asana, pranayama, meditation and philosophy.
4) Passage of an in-class and take home exam.
PAYMENT POLICY: Full tuition/payment for the training must be paid in full before the start date of the program in order for the student to participate. Without full payment the student will be unable to attend the program and no refund will be issued if prior cancellation has not been made (see cancellation policy above).