300 Hour Teach Training: Part 1
This 100-hour module introduces the student to the Pranic Body, sometimes referred to as the Energy Body.
▶ View recommended BOOK LIST below!
Students will learn:
This layer focuses extensively on the sequencing, instructing and giving adjustments for Laterals, Backbends and Forward Folds. Students will be practicing these categories of poses using material that they learn in this level.
The anatomy of respiration and how to improve our breathing for physical and mental health;
A variety of Pranayama Techniques from the Himalayan Masters and how to teach them to a class;
The Pranavayus and how they work in our body to help or hinder a pose;
The definition of the Bandhas, how to use them and how to teach them;
The Nadis, currents of energy that run throughout the body and affect our left and right brain and equilibrium;
The Chakras, wheels of energy that dwell along our spine, which lead to ease or limitations in our daily life;
How the energy of each Chakra affects different poses and information on helping students who are experiencing limitations;
Practice teaching to improve a teacher’s skill in communication;
Creating wise sequencing that keeps the student safe while also interested;
Effective hands on adjustments;
Constant valuable feedback from the instructor.
Who is Eligible for the Training:
Yoga teachers who have completed a 200 Hour Teacher Training and are ready to learn more about the practice and teaching of yoga;
Yoga teachers who have completed a 500 Hour Training that has not focused significantly on the inner layers of the practice, or who just want to learn more;
Devoted yoga students who are not teachers but desire to learn more about their own practice.
If you have question regarding the training program, contact Jeanne here.
Check out the upcoming teacher training events section to find what’s coming up soon!
Recommended Book List
Although it may seem like you have to spend a lot, it’s wonderful to build your library and you will be equipped to address a wide variety of needs that may come up in your teaching path. (Many can be found “used” at Amazon.com.)
- YOGA FOR WELLNESS by Gary Kraftsow
- ANATOMY COLORING BOOK by Wynn Capit / Lawrence M. Elson
- YOGA AND AYURVEDA; Self-Healing and Self-Realization by David Frawley
- HATHA YOGA PRADIPIKA, translated by Swami Muktibodhananda
- PRANA PRANAYAMA PRANA VIDYA by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
- Or PRANA and PRANAYAMA by Swami Niranjanananda Saraswati
(If you can get the first book at a fair price, I prefer using it. Otherwise the second book will be sufficient.)
- LIGHT ON PRANAYAMA; The Yogic Art of Breathing by B.K.S. Iyengar
- PATH OF FIRE AND LIGHT; Advanced Practices of Yoga Volume One by Swami Rama
- WHEELS OF LIFE; A User’s Guide to the Chakra System by Anodea Judith
- CHAKRA YOGA; Balancing Energy for Physical, Spiritual and Mental Well-Beingby Alan Finger
- CHAKRAS; Energy Centers of Transformation by Harish Johari
- HOW TO DRAW YOGA STICK FIGURES by Mikelle Terson.
You will be asked to write sequences out in stick figures. This might seem daunting and if so, please consider getting this book or any other book that can help you. You learn a lot by drawing a sequence out; it gets you into your body and out of your head.
Books You Should Already Own
- LIGHT ON YOGA by B.K.S. Iyengar
- YOGA MIND, BODY AND SPIRIT by Donna Farhi
- HEART OF YOGA by T.K.V. Desikachar
“Jeanne Heileman brought my yoga practice to a whole new level of awareness. This is a gift I can take with me for the rest of my life, and I’m very grateful for it. I highly recommend taking her training classes.”
Training Requirements and Policies
CANCELLATION POLICY: All cancellations up to 30 days before the training start date are eligible for a full refund on paid fees less the non-refundable deposit. Any refunds between 7-29 days before the training are eligible for credit towards future Tantra Flow Yoga™ Trainings equal to the amount already paid less the non-refundable deposit. Any refunds within 7 days before the start of the program are eligible for receive 1/2 of the tuition credit towards another training with Tantra Flow Yoga™, less the deposit.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAM COMPLETION:
1) 100% Attendance at all TT weekends and other classes/events as required. If any part of the program is missed, Jeanne Heileman, at her discretion, will offer makeup opportunities. Additional costs will apply for makeup sessions.
2) Satisfactory completion of all written assignments.
3) Satisfactory demonstration of your ability to teach a safe and cohesive yoga class, including asana, pranayama, meditation and philosophy.
4) Passage of an in-class and take home exam.
PAYMENT POLICY: Full tuition/payment for the training must be paid in full before the start date of the program in order for the student to participate. Without full payment the student will be unable to attend the program and no refund will be issued if prior cancellation has not been made (see cancellation policy above).